Basic digital hearing aids generally require the wearer to make some manual adjustments in certain listening environments such as turning a volume control up or down, or pushing a button to change listening programs. In contrast, a premium or more advanced hearing aid responds automatically to changes in the listener’s environment, making changes based on the signals being detected by the hearing aid. The hearing aid wearer is not required to make any manual changes. As the level of the technology increases in hearing aids, so do the availability of advanced features.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are available in many different sizes and styles thanks to advancements in digital technology and miniaturization of the internal components. Many of today’s hearing aids are considered sleek, compact, and innovative – offering solutions to a wide range of hearing aid wearers.
Various hearing aid styles we offer:
We offer hearing devices ranging from completely invisible to powerful behind the ear style hearing aids. The determination of the style that is right for you is dependent on a number of factors including hearing loss, life style, and hearing needs. No one style is appropriate for everyone! For more information on which style is best for you make an appointment today.
10 THINGS TO ASK BEFORE YOU BUY
Asking these important questions can help you decide if hearing devices are right for you.
Our office is equipped with the most advanced computerized instruments for evaluating your hearing, diagnosing your problem, and fitting your hearing aids.
- 1.Can my hearing loss be treated by a doctor?
- 2.Have you received a hearing evaluation?
- 3.Which hearing device design is best for me?
- 4.Is there a trial period to test the hearing aids?
- 5.After the trial period, is there a charge to return?
- 6.How long is the warranty and can it be extended?
- 7.Does the warranty cover maintenance and repairs?
- 8.Can my hearing aids be adjusted?
- 9.What kind of training will I receive?
- 10.Can my hearing aids work with Bluetooth?